Phone: (334) 828-1185
- Bills are mailed the last week of each month. If you do not receive a bill by the 1st of each month, it is your responsibility to contact our office immediately. WE DO NOT SEND SECOND NOTICES.
- Payments are due in the office by the 10th of each month to avoid any additional charges.
- Payments arriving after the 10th are charged a late fee of $10.00. PLEASE NOTE: A bill mailed on the 10th will be considered late. If the 10th fails on the weekend, you will be considered late if you come into the office on the following Monday to pay the bill. Bills will be taken out of the drop box and collected from the Post Office first thing Monday morning; all others are considered late.
- ACCOUNTS NOT PAID IN FULL BY THE 20th WILL BE CUT OFF FOR NON-PAYMENT. If you have a problem or emergency that prevents you from paying your bill by the 20th, please call the Town Hall. As long as it is not continuous every month, considerations will be made. A $50.00 SERVICE CHARGE WILL BE ADDED on the next working day after the 20th, whether the water is cut-off or not. The service charge plus the current water bill must be paid before the water will be cut back on. The Water Superintendent cannot accept water payments from customers except at the Town Hall. If the water is cut-off for non-payment and the customer cuts the water back on before full payment is made at the Town Hall, the Town reserves the right to refuse further service to the customer and to prosecute for theft of water service and any damages done to the meter.
- All open meters are required to pay a deposit. These deposits are refundable when you move, less any amount owed to the Town. You will need to contact the office for cut-off date and forwarding address.
- The Town Hall is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. A drop box is available for payment after hours. Envelopes are furnished for your convenience. The Town is not responsible for any cash payments left in the drop box. You can also call the office to pay by credit card or pay online at https://cowartsal.azurewebsites.net
- Houston County bills and picks up garbage within the Town limits. Please contact them at (334) 677-4789.